Lemon Posset & Ginger Biscuits
For the Lemon Posset:
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 55g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 split vanilla pod
- 150ml Glenisk Organic Cream, lightly whipped
For the biscuits:
- 130g plain flour
- 40g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp bread soda
- 80g butter
- 85g golden syrup
- 80g caster sugar
- Seperate the free range eggs.
- Split the vanilla pod with a sharp knife and scrape out the seeds. Then juice one lemon, taking care to remove the pips.
- Combine the yolks, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla seeds in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a lightly simmering saucepan of water, and whisk together until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the lightly whipped cream with a spatula, until the texture is light and airy.
- Pour into two serving glasses. Allow the posset to cool and then pop into the fridge until set. This usually takes a couple of hours.
- Makes 12 - 4 for Posset and 8 extra!
- First preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Mix the dry ingredients - flour, almonds, ginger and bread soda. Rub the butter in to the mixture with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Melt the golden syrup in the microwave or in a small pot and stir in the caster sugar. Keep heating until the sugar has dissolved or melted.
- Add this to the mixture and blend well with a spatula.
- Roll into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cool on a wire rack before serving.
- As a finishing touch, garnish the posset with fresh fruit, mint or lemon balm and place the ginger biscuits alongside.
Press 'play' to see Cloughjordan's Sarah Baker make the recipe: